47k

I love blogging at random times, its like meeting a very close childhood bestfriend at places you never thought you'd meet, youre reminded of great times, and then, you spend a good quality of time. Blogging gives me a warm familiar safe space, hey, its times to talk again. I reread my posts, and I am reminded of times. Very therapeutic for me. 

Today, Malaysia is in their third wave of Covid19. Hell, we have underestimated this whole pandemic, big time. With 300 deaths, we are all now bounded to go out with a mask at all times, sanitize and wash hands, physical distance is a real thing, matter of fact; only two people are allowed in one car. What an era to live in. All our sole priority? Ensuring everyone that is high risk are by all means, protected. The old people; our parents, infants, those with major health problems are all high risk people. Its time to protect and keep our guards up. Most dangerous thing is that it could be asymptomatic, with no signs, anyone can be a carrier. Thats how crazy this pandemic is. 

I am now, on my third month of staying with my parents in Terengganu. Staying with my parents since I just finished my degree, is the greatest decision I ever have made. I have been adapting with a lot of new things, including the culture here. I am a terengganu-born girl, though I was never raised here, all my life, I only came back to spend raya and family holidays here. It is no shock that I look a lot like my dad, but personality wise, I am more like my mom, in many ways. But whats great about my whole time here, I am almost like the only child; my parents spoil me in every way. Ahh pure bliss. So, where do I start?

I love the adventure i am having with my parents, learning how to cook my moms secret recipes in her dishes, learning human survival skills in the kebun with my dad (now i know how to use a grass cutter, filling the fuel is 1:25 between petrol:2t oil), and also the adventures of everything else with my parents. My father casually opened up, that he lived in the era of poverty, and its was a heartbreaking time for my him, who lived with 8 other siblings, and parents who were only rubber tapper that earned rm2 a day. My mother on the hand, was the daughter of a forest ranger, living quite a comfortable life. I admire both of my parents resilience and passionate ways of doing everything, they are nothing about time wasting or relaxing, they are the ying and yang; Id wish that I could be even half as great as how my parents are. I am happy that I get this much time to spend with my parents. I love them so much and to witness them grow old, really just scares me inside. I can only pray that God grants my parents Jannatul Firdause, a death in husnul khotimah without reckoning. Please say Aminnn, to my prayer! tee hee thanks. 

Oh well, my job hunting has began. I am actively looking for a job and it hasnt been easy. I am grateful though, taking every day one thing at a time. Now because of Covid19, it seems that everything is tougher and harder. Its fragile times to breakthrough. I have read stories about people losing their jobs, their incomes, me as a tourism student only able to see how own industry crashing down. The tourism industry is terribly injured. 


Comments

Popular Posts